- Five big potatoes peeled and sliced thinly into coin shapes
- Golden Fry vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of Gram flour mixed with garam masala
- Garlic paste
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves
- 1 teaspn of alt
- 1/4 teaspoon Food colour
- ¼ teaspoon Red chilli pepper
- A pinch of cumin
Pour the gram flour in a bowl and mix in all the spices with water to make the batter. Make it slightly thicker than that of pancakes.
Dip the sliced potatoes in the batter, one at a time. Make sure they are completely immersed and the coat is evenly distributed.
Heat your Golden Fry vegetable oil in a deep frying cooking pan.
Drain your potato slices of extra batter and then dip them into the hot oil carefully.
Turn the slices once they turn golden brown so that they can cook evenly.
Use your skimmer to remove them from the oil and place them in a paper lined bowl to drain off extra oil.
Sprinkle the coriander leaves on top of your cooked bhajia.
Serve with kachumbari.