Chocolate Pudding With Berries RecipePrint This
- 1 espresso shot
- yolks from 3 eggs
- ½ cup sugar, pinch of salt
- cocoa powder
- 2¼ cups whole milk
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- whipped cream and berries
- Bring 2 cups milk, sugar and cocoa powder to a simmer over medium-high heat on a saucepan.
- Remove from heat after a minute. In a medium bowl, whisk the cornstarch, egg yolks, remaining ¼ cup milk, vanilla, salt and espresso.
- Whisk in half of the warm milk mixture into the egg mixture. Transfer the egg mixture back to the saucepan (with remaining milk mixture) and cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until the pudding comes to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer to thicken the pudding, for about 3 more minutes, whisking often.
- Move the pudding into a big bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Serve with whipped cream and choice of berries.