The weather these last few months in Nairobi has been chilly and rainy and a tasty meal to help you keep warm is ideal. This hearty beef stew recipe is one tasty way to keep warm. Prepare it today and help everyone stay warm from the inside out. #JikoniYetu
A Hearty Beef Stew RecipePrint This
- 2 tablespoons Olivegold oil
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, trimmed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tomatoes
- 400gms beef broth
- 3 large potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 3 large carrots, cut into large chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef and onion and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the beef is browned, stirring frequently.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 60 to 70 minutes, or until the meat is tender.
This can be served over warm buttered noodles or rice.