- Yield: 2
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1h 30 min
Ugandan Breakfast Special Katogo
Looking to brighten up your breakfast? This Katogo breakfast special from Uganda will put a pep in your step!
- 2 Onions - sliced
- 4 Tomatoes
- 4 Plantains/matoke - sliced
- 4 Tomatoes - blended
- salt and pepper
- Half a cup of water
- Kimbo cooking oil
- Pour the tripe and sweetbread into a wok of boiling water and let it boil for 20 minutes and simmer for 40 minutes. Drain the water.
- Pour the onions into into another wok with Kimbo Cooking Oil. Let it fry for 2 minutes then add the tomatoes, capiscum and carrots.
- Fry for 2 minutes then add salt and pepper.
- Pour the tripe and sweetbread into the same wok followed by the blended tomatoes.
- Add water and let it boil. Add the matoke and let it boil till its soft.
- Serve while hot