Tuna Pasta SaladPrint This
- 375 g fusilli (or other short pasta)
- 4 cups (220 g) coarsely chopped leafy lettuce
- 1 can (14 oz /398 ml) artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup (60 g) chopped toasted almonds
- 1 green apple, cored and diced
- 2 tsp chopped capers
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) lemon juice
- 1 can (7 oz /198 ml) light tuna, drained and flaked
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta al dente. Rinse under cold running water and drain well. Place in a large bowl.
- Add the lettuce, artichokes, almonds, half the apple and the capers. Season with salt and pepper.
- When ready to serve, add the oil and lemon juice. Toss well. Serve in bowls. Top with tuna pieces and the remaining diced apple.