- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Sukuma BLT Salad
Did you know you could have sukuma as a dressing? Here's how to do it
- ½ lemon - chopped
- ⅓ cup sour creme
- white wine vinegar - 1 tablespoon
- Golden Fry Vegetable oil - 1 tablespoon
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 packet of bacon - sliced ¾ inch thick
- 8 cups chopped kale
- 2 tomatoes - halved
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- In a blender, place the lemon, mayonnaise, vinegar and sour creme. Blend until smooth. Season dress with salt and pepper. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- Heat the oil in a large wok over medium-high and cook the bacon, turning it until brown and crisp (8–10 minutes per side). Transfer the bacon to a paper towel and let cool slightly. Slice crosswise to yield 12 pieces.
- Toss the sumuka and dressing in a large bowl until coated; let sit 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and gently toss to coat.
- Divide salad among the plates and top each with 3 pieces of bacon.