- Yield: 3
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
Strawberry and Cherry Tomato
Bruschette are the most famous of the Italian crostini and nothing really beats their flavour packed combination of rubbed garlic, salt, tomato and olive gold oil, all held up by a crusty piece of bread ready to sop up those plentiful juices. When it comes to crostini, there are so many more routes to go down. Here’s one for all you fans of a bit of culinary experimentation. Yes, it does sound a bit odd. But trust us, you won’t regret this one and neither will your guests! The backbone of this topping is the mint dressing, the flavour of which is brought out by leaving it to steep a bit in a sweet raspberry vinegar.
- You Will Need
- Strawberries - Half a Basket
- Cherry Tomatoes - Ten
- For The Dressing
- Mint Leaves - A handful
- Raspberry Vinegar - Substitute with Apple vinegar and balsamic glaze
- Caster Sugar - 6 tbs
- Mix the dressing stirring the sugar so it dissolves but without damaging the mint too much (leave aside a few leaves for garnish).
- Let stand for fifteen minutes.
- Quarter the strawberries and tomatoes.
- Mix the fruit with the dressing and let stand for another five minutes before spooning onto the baguette.