- Yield: 2
- Prep Time: 4 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Guilty Pleasure Smothered Pork Chops
Nothing beats a Sunday afternoon grill with the family. Whip up these smothered pork chops and you'll have everyone coming for seconds!
- 2 tablespoons favorite meat rub
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoons of Paprika
- 1 tablespoons of Cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Garlic Powder
- 1/4 cup Olive Gold Blend
- 2 Large Onions
- 4 pork chops
- 3/4-inch thick, bone-in
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- Season your chops with your favorite meat rub, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and coat with the oil.
- Place the pork chops in the pan in a single layer and fry for 3 minutes on each side until golden brown then set aside. Remove the pork chops from the pan and add a little sprinkle of seasoned flour to the pan drippings. Mix the flour into the fat to dissolve and then pour in the chicken broth in. Let the liquid cook down for 5 minutes to reduce and thicken slightly.
- Return the pork chops to the pan, covering them with the sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes until the pork is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with chopped parsley before serving.