This is a simple, healthy and beautifully flavorsome way of cooking fish, and is bound to impress your guest. They can be prepared ahead of time as you set the table and get ready, and cooked as your date is about to arrive.
Dodo's Fish ParcelsPrint This
- 4 small fillets of red snapper, approx 2 x 2 inches square
- 2 sheets of phyllo pastry
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- For the pesto
- Handful of chives
- Handful of coriander
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 inch of ginger, peeled
- Juice of 4 lemons
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- First, place all the ingredients for the pesto in a food processor and blend.
- Brush each layer of the phyllo pastry with the melted butter, then place the red snapper fillet in the middle of a long strip approximately 4 inches wide.
- Place a tablespoon of the pesto on top of the fish and spread.
- Fold the narrow sides of the phyllo pastry towards the centre and then fold the long length over the fish ensuring each layer is brushed with butter and looks like a small parcel.
- Do the same with the remaining fillets and place on a baking tray.
- Put it in the oven on 180C for 15 min and increase the temperature to 200C for the remaining 15 min.
- Remove from the oven and serve with the lentil salad.