Christmas Fruit CakePrint This
- 225g self raising flour
- 110g butter
- 110g sugar
- 225g mixed dried fruit
- 1 egg
- 5 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp mixed spice (optional)
- Rub the butter into the flour until it looks like fine breadcrumbs, add sugar and dried fruit and mixed spice, if using.
- Add egg and milk to make a soft dropping consistency.
- Put into lined 2 lb loaf tin or 6″ round cake tin.
- Sprinkle sugar over the top and pat down with the back of a spoon (this gives a nice crunchy top)
- Bake for approximately 1 to 1 hour and 25 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius until a skewer comes out clean.