Here’s a simple beef with penne pasta and a rich meaty sauce, slightly spiced tomato pasta and a creamy mushroom sauce with freshly made pasta, from the team at Artcaffe.
A throwback to a classic tagliata, this dish uses seared beef fillet and garlic – simple and delicious.
Beef Penne RecipePrint This
- 30ml olive oil
- 40g finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- 100g of prime beef fillet, cut into fine strips
- Salt & pepper
- 70g beef stock
- 200g cooked penne pasta al dente (check packet directions)
- Handful of sliced basil leaves
- Season the beef with salt and pepper and sear in a hot pan with a little olive oil until just browned.
- Remove and put to one side. Fry the onion in the rest of the olive oil until lightly glazed, then add the garlic and stir fry.
- Return the beef, add the stock and reduce lightly. Do not over cook the fillet or it will become tough.
- Toss the sauce through the pasta then add the basil and serve straight away.