Bacon Brussel SproutsPrint This
- 1/4 kg sliced bacon
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup pine nuts
- 1 kg brussels sprouts, cored and shredded
- 3 green onions, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Pepper to taste
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until crisp.
- Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons grease, crumble bacon and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt butter with reserved bacon grease over medium heat.
- Add pine nuts, and cook, stirring until browned.
- Add brussels sprouts and green onions to the pan, season with seasoning salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat until sprouts are wilted and tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in crumbled bacon just before serving.